This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read our Affiliate Disclosure for more.
Every day, people are faced with challenges in their daily lives. Some of these may be as simple as a screwdriver and some may be more complex such as changing a tire. Luckily, the introduction of multi-tool products has made this easier because they can easily solve any challenge you will come across and they are also pocket-sized so they are easy to carry with you wherever you go.
SOG PowerPint vs Leatherman Wingman – Overview
Before we examine in detail the differences between these multi-tools, let’s understand their capabilities.
PowerPint is the perfect outdoorsman’s companion. It has a knife, pliers, scissors, screwdrivers, and more! You can use it when hiking or camping. Also, you can open up a can of beans with it. It’s tough enough for outdoor use yet light enough to keep in your backpack without adding any weight. It also packs screwdrivers, two 5Cr15MoV stainless steel blades, and a 1/4 inch magnetic hex bit holder all into a lightweight multi-tool.
Read complete review: SOG PowerPint
A multi-tool for modern life, the Leatherman Wingman features a lightweight and pocket-sized design with tons of functionality. Featuring a sleek stainless steel build, outside-accessible tools, and redesigned spring-action jaws; this is the tool for quick jobs on the go. With 14 tools and plenty of handy features; this is your go-to tool for both work and home projects.
Read complete review: Leatherman Wingman
PowerPint vs Wingman – The Comparison
We know a thing or two about these two multi-tools, now let’s compare them and see which one is better.
- Awl – Wingman doesn’t have an awl while PowerPint does.
- Knife – Wingman features a 420HC combo knife while PowerPint has two 5Cr15MoV blades: one straight and one serrated.
- Wire Stripper/Crimper – Wingman has a wire stripper while PowerPint comes with a wire crimper.
- Bolt Gripper – PowerPint has this feature while Wingman doesn’t.
- ScrewDrivers – Wingman comes with small, medium, and Phillips screwdrivers while PowerPint has Phillips, a jewelry driver, and a small screwdriver.
- Package Opener – Wingman comes with a package opener while PowerPint has a hook cutter.
- File – Wingman has a metal/wood file while PowerPint has a standard file.
- Magnetic Bit Holder – PowerPint has this feature while Wingman doesn’t.
Leatherman Wingman has a standard stainless steel design, very common on most multi-tools made by Leatherman while SOG PowerPint features a military-type of design and comes in two colors: Black and Satin.
Size & Weight
Leatherman Wingman has a closed length of 3.8 inches and weighs 7 ounces while SOG PowerPint has a closed length of 5 inches and weighs 4.2 ounces. We can see that Wingman is a heavier multi-tool compared to the PowerPint, while PowerPint is bigger when it is closed.
In conclusion in this SOG PowerPint vs Leatherman Wingman article, we can say that the main difference between SOG PowerPint and Leatherman Wingman is the size and weight of each multi-tool with Wingman being heavier while PowerPint is longer when closed and also the different functions each multi-tool comes with. Overall, we highly recommend Leatherman Wingman as a better overall multi-tool.