*This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read our Affiliate Disclosure for more.
Choosing between two products, might not be that hard. But if both of them are Leatherman, then we can understand your indecisiveness. Therefore, we compiled this comparison review article to help you make the best decision for your multi-tool collection. So, without any further ado, let’s start the discussion.
If you want to be equipped for anything that might come your way, especially when you are out in the wild. Then nothing comes close to a Leatherman Signal. Since it is a well-known multi-tool brand. Not only the quality, but the durability is also assured.
The elegant yet stylish outlook of the multi-tool, adds to the desirability of the product. Not to mention, the wide range of tools which are easily accessible in a single, easy carry design.
The stainless-steel material gives the multi-tool a reluctant to corrosion trait, with a Nylon sheath covering on the outside. While the multiple variations in functional tools contain needle nose, and regular pliers. Which is applicable in a versatile manner of use, such as bending, gripping and twisting items. It even comes in handy during fishing. A normal wire and a hard wire cutter, which is replaceable and of 154cm in length. Great for performing electrical jobs, cutting all kinds of wires possible. The drivers include a ¼” inch of Hex Bit driver, and a normal bit driver. For all the hex shaped screws and standard ones, it can easily loosen or tighten screws of any gadget. Along with all these tools, the 1/4” of box wrench is also there. To assist in plumbing jobs like fastening pipes and nut bolts. Meanwhile the 420 HC knife has a fine blade and is ready to slice through anything.
The special features added to enhance this multi-tool, are the emergency whistle, a fire-starter rod (made of ferrocerium), a saw, a locking hammer, and a diamond-coated sharpener.
Other side tools include can and bottle opener, carabiner and thread loop with an awl. The portable sized multi-tool comes with a 25-year limited lifetime warranty for the fixtures of any defects found in the product. While a user manual guide is also included in the packaging.
- Color: Silver
- Material: Stainless steel
- Consists of 19 major tools like pliers, wire cutters, knife, saw, hammer, awl/thread loop, can opener, bottle opener, drivers, wrench, carabiner, whistle, rod, and sharpener.
- READY FOR ANYTHING: The Signal combines everyday functional tools with new outdoor features. With tools like a fire-starting rod and an emergency whistle, you'll be prepared no matter what nature throws at you.
- FIT MORE FUNCTIONALITY: A variety of pliers, wire cutters and stripper, knife, saw, hammer, a variety of bit drivers and wrenches, bottle and can openers, carabiner, safety whistle, ferrocerium rod, diamond-coated sharpener, and awl with thread loop.
- LET'S BE PRACTICAL: Sometimes you only have one hand to spare. The Signal only requires one hand to open and use all the tools, even the ones that aren't accessible from the outside. And with all locking features, you can multitask with confidence.
If you are looking for an essential multi-tool with a compact trait, for everyday use. Then the Leatherman Skeletool might be exactly what you need. Again, since it is also of the same and renowned brand, the quality and durability are satisfactory.
The outlook of the multi-tool is decent yet professional. The stainless-steel material makes it strong enough to resist corrosion. This daily carry is portable and doesn’t make the pocket seem bulky at all. The set of all-purpose tools, are both practical and functional, with a Nylon sheath covering.
This fundamental multi-tool contains two types of pliers – regular and a needle nose. Which are quite useful in twisting and bending objects, especially in jewelry making and other stuff. After the plier comes the blade, a 420HC knife with a thin blade, for any rough cutting. Then a large Bit driver, for fixing all the screws in the tight spots of compact gadgets. The most commonly used tool in the household – a bottle opener. Which comes handy in opening every sealed bottle in a split second. Apart from that, a normal and hard- wire cutter is also found among the other tools. For all the wiring jobs in any machine or electrical switch. Last but not the least, an extra bit of storage is also designed, which is found in the handle.
The best part is that, it comes with a variety of attractive color options. The additional colors are green and blue. The multi-tool comes with a 25 years of limited lifetime warranty, for any defects ever detected. The packaging includes a single multi-tool in a box.
- Color: Silver
- Material: Stainless steel
- Consists of 7 major tools like knife, pliers, bit driver, wire cutters, carabiner, and bottle opener.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: A compact 5-ounce multitool with a combo knife, bit driver, pliers and more; Light enough to use as your everyday carry, strong enough to tackle tough jobs
- 7 TOOLS IN 1: Includes a knife, pliers, a large exchangeable bit driver, wire-cutters and a carabiner/bottle opener; Includes an extra bit stored right in the handle
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
Leatherman Signal Vs Skeletool – The Comparison
Both the products being a Leatherman, has no quality or satisfaction doubts. However, the tools and performance are indeed debatable.
- For instance, the pliers of Leatherman Signal hold better and stay inside the grip. Whereas the Leatherman Skeletool pliers close really fast. And might injure you if you used it carelessly.
- The knife blade of the Leatherman Signal is fine and straight, but it doesn’t have a lock for safety. While the Leatherman Skeletool knife blade does have a lock, but it’s not straight. Hence the cutting gets a little difficult than it should be.
- The Leatherman Signal has more tools than the Leatherman Skeletool. However, the smoother performance is of Leatherman Signal. While the Leatherman Skeletool is not limited with its basic tools at all. Instead, its basic tools fulfill a wide range of quick and handy tasks.
After all the analysis of features and their functionality, we can say that both the products are outstanding. However, if you are looking for a well-equipped trip outdoors you might want to select a Leatherman Signal as a partner. While if you are willing to buy an everyday carry then the Leatherman Skeletool might do the trick for you.