*This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read our Affiliate Disclosure for more.
In our day-to-day life, we come across some seemingly easy tasks that can be done effortlessly, provided you have the right tools for it. For instance, something as simple as opening a bottle can be daunting if you don’t have an opener. This review of Gerber Crucial is everything you need if you plan to buy a new multi tool. Whether it is opening a bottle, cutting a rope, or tightening a screw, you wish you had that tool right in your pocket. Where these little tools seem trivial in our daily lives, their absence can turn out to be a matter of life and death away from home. It is true for those who love outdoor activities because survival can be much more difficult if you don’t have them out there.
But the question arises that how many tools should one carry, or how can one handle all of them all the time? Gerber has solved this problem with its huge line of multi-tools.
Founded in 1939, Gerber is one of the oldest companies involved in the manufacture of everyday household products. The company has now come up with a new tool to make life easier, or should we say ‘a lot’ easier. Keeping in view the difficulty in handling and carrying individual tools, Gerber has come up with Crucial. As the name suggests, it is a combination of several tools that can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Compact and lightweight design that carries like a pocket knife
- Essential components for emergency situations
- Clip-knife styling with full-size drop-point blade that utilizes liner lock technology
Gerber Crucial Review – Overview
Gerber Crucial houses ten tools. This includes a 2.5 inch partially serrated knife with a large thumb stud, pliers cum wire cutter, Phillips and flat head screwdriver, and a carabiner clip that can also be used as a bottle opener and a pocket clip.
The ergonomically curved body design offers a comfortable grip, and all the components are fitted in such a way that they can be used individually and easily. The size of the individual tools is enough to carry out the intended function smoothly.
Compact and Durable
The precise assortment of tools provides compactness to Crucial. It comes with a butterfly opening design making it possible to fit multiple components in just a 3.6-inch body.
Stainless steel is not only tough but also rust-resistant. Despite having a metallic frame, Crucial feels deceptively light in hand. Small size and low weight make Crucial as easy to carry as a pocket knife.
- With 3.6’’ closed length and 1’’ thickness, Crucial is highly slim and compact. It fits perfectly in the pocket and sits nicely in the palm
- It contains 10 essential tools: Needle nose pliers,Standard pliers,Wire cutters,Pocket clip,Carabiner carry clip,Bottle opener,Partially serrated blade,Tool lock, flathead driver, and phillips driver
- Crucial Multi-tool is made up of rust-resistant and highly durable stainless steel
- Entire body weight is 5 ounces (142 g) making it no heavier than a cell phone
- The curved design allows firm grip both in the closed and open position
- The body is free from sharp edges. The blade has also been kept round ended for safety purposes
- It is available in four different colors, including white, green, black, and blue.
Users have been comparing Gerber Crucial with some of the existing market competitors. One major advantage that this product seems to have over others is the ease of usage. For instance, the blade can be accessed without using the other hand due to the presence of a well-placed thumb stud. Pliers can be used comfortably owing to the butterfly opening design. Some people have also found the bottle opener a great addition compared to other products.
Where buyers have been applauding the built quality of the product, there have been complaints regarding the design of individual tools. The screwdrivers are of fixed sizes and a bit fragile. The knife, while being sharp, is not blunt-edged. The small size of Crucial may be perfect for most, but people with large hands may find it difficult to operate.
Gerber Crucial Review – The Conclusion
Overall, Gerber Crucial has received positive reviews and high ratings. Available at a very reasonable price, this product is worth the money. The quality, compactness, durability, and usability make Gerber Crucial indeed a useful tool and a must-have for everyone.