This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read our Affiliate Disclosure for more.
The main idea behind Leatherman was to make a new boy-scout type of knife with pliers and other functions which should replace the classic toolbox. Leatherman’s philosophy behind his products was not only to make them “compact” or “minimalist” but to make them durable and efficient enough for extreme use. Despite being so famous, Leatherman also has a diversified inventory of multi-tools. Which one should you choose? In this article, we are exploring the critical differences between Leatherman Super Tool 300 and OHT.
Leatherman Super Tool 300 vs OHT
Multi-tools are an essential part of any toolbox. They were initially designed for plumbers, electricians, and other construction workers, but they are more often used by DIYers on home improvement projects.
We are taking a closer look at the Leatherman OHT and the Leatherman Super Tool 300. We will compare them by analyzing their features, specifications, and their main uses.
Leatherman Super Tool 300
- It has 19 functions
- It has a weight of 9.6 oz and a closed length of 4.5 in
The Leatherman Super Tool 300 is one of the best multipurpose tools. It has many features that make it a worthy competitor to other multi-tools in the market.
The first feature we want to mention is the pliers. They are made of stainless steel, and they can cut wire, give you a good grip and also pull out most small objects with ease. Another prominent feature of the Super tool 300 is the large variety of different types of screwdrivers, which will come in handy when you need to tighten or loosen screws on various things around your home or office.
The pliers have needlenose and regular jaws, as well as wire cutters, so you’ll always be prepared for any situation. In addition, the Super tool 300 has a 420HC stainless steel blade and a serrated knife. And the best part about this multi-tool is that it comes with 19 different tools, so you’ll never have to search for your favorite tool in your heavy toolbox again.
Read complete review: Leatherman Super Tool 300
- OHT is Leatherman’s first 100% one-hand-operable multi-tool.
- The OHT packs 16 tools.
Which Leatherman tool is your favorite? Whatever is your answer, we’ll bet you can’t name them all! You’re not alone. That’s why we’re looking at the Leatherman OHT. The OHT has an impressive list of features that make it well suited for emergencies and challenging jobs. This multi-tool is an innovative device that includes one-hand-operable pliers and wire cutters for quick, on-the-go jobs—no more fiddling with various tools before getting started. The Leatherman OHT, or One-Hand Tool, also features a blade made of 420HC steel. This tool is designed to be the well-rounded, everyday carry, go-to tool for emergencies and easily accessible with one hand.
Read complete review: Leatherman OHT
Super Tool 300 vs OHT – The Comparison
- The Spring-action Needlenose/Regular Pliers are smaller in OHT than the ones found in the Leatherman Supertool 300.
- The blade on the OHT is shorter than that of the ST300.
- OHT features a Strap Cutter that works excellent on seatbelts. Super tool 300, on the other hand, does not have one.
- One of the headlining features of the Leatherman OHT is that it comes with an 8-32 Cleaning Rod/Bush Adapter. The Super Tool 300 does not have an 8-32 bush adapter.
- Leatherman OHT has all features for every task you need. They can be opened and operated with one hand, so you have the other hand free to perform other tasks.
- All the features of Leatherman Super tool 300 can be locked into place, except for the plier’s head. This way, you can operate individual tools safely and effectively.
- The Leatherman OHT is slightly heavier at 9.9 oz than the Super Tool 300’s weight of 9.6 ounces.
- Supertool 300 and OHT both have a closed length of 4.5 inches.
As we are reaching the end of our Leatherman Super tool 300 vs OHT article, we conclude that the Supertool 300 is a much better choice if you are going to use it on heavy-duty tasks, while the OHT should be chosen if you want to use its functions by using just one hand.