*This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Please read our Affiliate Disclosure for more.
Whether you’re in a school, office, or even at home, having the right tools is as essential as breathing air to live. Usually, in a panic situation, people tend to roam around in circles finding the tools you need to fix the cause of panic. This crisis often happens when you don’t prepare yourself beforehand by stocking up the tools essential for your needs.
But is it necessary to fill up your cart with all the tools hanging in the store? What if we told you that you could have all those in just one device? Crazy, right? The MUT EOD Multi-tool by Leatherman is all you need for every situation, even in a military exercise, camping, or just a happy family picnic.
It has fifteen kinds of tools, all in one handy little thingamajig. Yes, you heard us right. The Leatherman, founded by Tim Leatherman, has outdone themselves for launching fifteen tools within just one device. You don’t have to carry around your entire toolbox anymore, only one little pocket friend. Want to know more about this amazing product? Read our review of Leatherman MUT EOD below.
- READY FOR ANYTHING: A tactical multitool designed to maintain military gear with a bronze carbon scraper, disassembly punch, bolt override tool and more
- 14 TOOLS IN 1: Pliers, wire cutters and crimper, knife, saw, cutting hook, hammer, bolt override tool, bronze carbon scraper, #8-32 cleaning rod/brush adapter, firearm disassembly punch and more
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
Leatherman MUT EOD Review – Overview
- Product Type: Multi-Tool
- Blade Length: 3″ (7.6cm)
- Length when closed: 5.” (12.7cm)
- Weight: 11.2 oz. (317.5g)
- Material: 420HC Stainless Steel, Black Oxide, 154CM Stainless Steel
- Box contains: 1 x MUT EOD, 1 x MOLLE Sheath, 1 x Instructions
Below is the description of all types of tools and used for which purpose in case you can’t figure out on your own.
- Needle-Nose Pliers: to hold small objects, and be used in narrow or tight spaces.
- Stranded-wire Cutters: to cut bundled wires or wrap small gauge wire without breaking them
- Military Performance Spec Cap Crimper: can be used to defuse C4 explosives.
- Electrical Crimper: crimping for the general-purpose usually electrical connections
- 420HC Combo Knife: can cut through any rough or smooth material.
- Saw: can quickly saw through the material
- Replaceable Cutting Hook: can cut any fabric including seatbelts, straps, and canvas
- Hammer: can hammer nails, tent stakes, and many others. Has a textured finish to avoid slipping.
- Bolt Override Tool: can clear out jams in an AR-15 platform rifle.
- Replaceable C4 Punch: can make holes in C4 explosives.
- Replaceable Bronze Carbon Scraper: can remove buildup from bolts and carriers due to carbon without scratching the metal
- #8-32 Cleaning Rod/Brush Adapters: you can attach brushes and firearm cleaning rods to this threaded female and male tool.
- Carabiner/Bottle Opener: bottle or clip opener
- Significant Bit Driver: a screwdriver
MUT EOD – Features
Handle Bit Storage
The handle of the MUT EOD can conveniently store the Leatherman tool bits. This feature helps you to access it when in need quickly or to keep them safe and all in one place when not in use.
Replaceable Pocket Clip
This part is a removable clip that allows you to clip it with your belt or pocket.
You don’t have to worry about opening the entire tool to use its other feathers. With the outside-accessible feature, you can assess your tool while it’s still folded. How cool is that!
One-hand Operable Features
All you need is your one hand to access and operate all your tools. This way, your other hand remains free, and you can multi-task depending upon the situation or maybe give another side a break.
The Leatherman MUT EOD Multi-Tool has been loved by the customers far and wide. The tool, however, is very convenient and handy for the soldiers,law enforces or campers, since most are designed accordingly; for a civilian, some of those tools can be useless. If you come to think of it, EOD stands for Explosives Ordnance Disposal, which clearly shows that its sole purpose is to serve the military staff, but there’s no restriction of use.
The MUT EOD comes in with cool desert sand, combat color pouch where you can store your tool comfortably. The bag can also be attached to your body armor or just put it in your pocket.